The 2023 Iowa State Fair is just around the corner, and fairgoers who want to leave their cars at home have a new option for transportation: free bicycle parking.
Bicycle parking will be available inside Gate 11 of the fairgrounds. The area is well-lit and fairly secure. Gate 11 is presented by Kwik Star.
Cyclists can easily ride from downtown to the fairgrounds, but watch out for traffic and parked vehicles.
In addition to FREE bicycle parking, the fair also offers a variety of other transportation options, including:
- DART Park & Ride: Fairgoers can take the DART bus to the fair from three different locations: Center Street Park & Ride, Southeast Polk High School, and the Iowa State Capitol. Show your advance Iowa State Fair admission ticket at one of these locations to receive half-off your fare.
- Ridesharing: Ridesharing options will be available for pick up and drop off at Gate 8 of the fairgrounds.
- Walking: The Iowa State Fair is a relatively small fairgrounds, so it is easy to walk around.
Fairgoers who choose to bike, walk, or take public transportation to the fair can help to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution. They can also save money on parking fees.
So if you're planning on attending the 2023 Iowa State Fair, consider leaving your car at home and taking advantage of the free bicycle parking. You'll be glad you did!
Here are some additional details about bicycle parking at the Iowa State Fair:
- Bicycle parking is available inside Gate 11, which is located on the west side of the fairgrounds.
- The bicycle parking area is well-lit and secure, and there should be staff on hand to help with parking.
- Bicycle parking is free.
- Fairgoers who bring their own bike locks are encouraged to use them.
- Your bicycle bags are subject to search when entering the grounds.
- Bicycles are not allowed in the grandstand or the Grandstand parking lot.
The Iowa State Fair starts on Aug 10th and ends Aug 20th.
For more information about bicycle parking at the Iowa State Fair, please visit the fair's website: