NEW FOR 2022! CCXSSX! This will be the LAST race of the day at Capital City Cross.
A FIVE lap 'miss and out' singlespeed elimination race!
ONE WINNER will take home $1000!
This is touted as the BIGGEST single payout for a singlespeed race in the USA this year! #ProveUsWrong
SEE FLYER FOR DETAILS
- 9/8 - QCI - Quality Consulting, Inc. will sponsor four $100 primes. One for each of the first four laps!
- 8/31 - online registration open
- 8/26 - race posted
The BIKEIOWA Racing Team and Midstate Racing know how to put on FUN, UNIQUE and EXCITING events. BIKEIOWA is collaborating with Midstate Racing to make ONE great weekend of Central Iowa cyclocross with FOUR ways to participate: Capital City Cross and CCXSSX on Saturday plus short-track racing and Relaycross on Sunday.
Don't have a singlespeed bike?
- That's OK - geared bikes can be used but must be modified to only use one gear during the race (zip-tie, battery removal, etc.)
- Bikes will be inspected before the race starts
- Bikes must meet USAC rules - e.g. no bar ends, etc.
Who can race?
- Anyone who has raced and finished a Capital City Cross race earlier in the day can race in the CCXSSX
- The race will be capped at 100 racers
Anyone can win
- We will handicap the staging and starts to give everyone a chance
- Cat 5s will start first Cat 1s will start last (reverse-staging) with time gaps between the starting waves
What is "miss and out" elimination?
20% of the initial starting field will be eliminated on each lap. So if we start with 100 riders, at the end of every lap the race will be stopped, and the last 20 across the line will be eliminated. The race will then be re-staged by categories again and re-started with the same time handicaps. On the 5th and final lap, the winner takes the $1000.
SpectateStick around to watch this fast-paced unique event only a few minutes south of downtown Des Moines.
Amenities are limited at Stone Park. This is a park in the middle of a residential area.
- Bring you own water and food.
- Kid-friendly: there is a playground on the east end of Stone Park
- Dog-friendly: please keep 'em on a leash and pick-up after 'em
- Two kybos on site
- There is room for team tents - please keep it compact
- There are convenience stores and restaurants 3-5 minutes away if you need last minute supplies
- No bike wash
Stone Park is a neighborhood park minutes from downtown Des Moines. This is the same park used for the Tuesday night Renegade Cyclocross practices. The park is fairy flat with a nice rise on the south side.PARKING
There is plenty of parking off SE Fulton Drive (west side of Park). Some paved and gravel parking available, but it is mostly grass.
PLEASE DO NOT park at the community center on the east side of the park.
FROM OUT OF TOWN?
You are so close to downtown Des Moines where there are plenty of great restaurants and hotels to spend the weekend.
From I-235 it is only a couple of miles:
Thanks to Iowa Beverage who sponsors BIKEOWA with all the Miller Lite
banners along the course and for el Bait Shop
who sponsors the BIKEIOWA Racing Team.