The Des Moines Street Collective announces a call for artists for its 13th annual PedalArt poster show in Des Moines.
PedalArt will open May 12 and feature bicycle-inspired poster artwork that introduces the bicycling community to talented Iowa artists and sends beaming attendees home with affordable, original works of art.
PedalArt Des Moines will feature original posters by Iowa artists, designers, and illustrators.
The 12 previous PedalArt shows have included nearly 200 Iowa artists.
PedalArt has been the best-attended Bike Month event in past years, drawing more than 500 bicycling enthusiasts eager to support our friends in the Iowa art community. Most posters are sold during the gallery opening night.
Admission is always free, and posters are affordable for everybody to take home at least one print. The Street Collective uses this show to change how people think about bicycles while growing the cycling and art communities.
View some past entries
- 30 Iowa artists design and print posters
- Artists make 30 copies of an original bike-themed design
- All posters sell for $40 each
- Artists receive a 70% commission on each print sold
- The event opens Friday, May 12 at Confluence Brewing and continues through May 29 at Bike World West Des Moines
- Additional details:https://www.dsmstreetcollective.org/pedalart
- Please submit 2-3jpg images or an electronic portfolio of your work firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “PedalArt Submission.”
- All email submissions must be received by Friday, February 24, 2023, to be considered.
- Please includea few sentences about yourself and why you’re interested in participating in PedalArt 2023.
- All artists will be notified by Friday, March 3, 2023, if they have been selected for the 2023 show.
- By submitting, all artists agree to create unique, original bicycle-themed poster artwork for the 2023 show.
PedalArt serves as a fundraiser for the Street Collective, a nonprofit organization that champions and advocates for active transportation options that are accessible, safe, and enjoyable for everyone.